First gift is my Holiday Card Exchange. My sister requested I get her a sensible gift card from Walmart. I don’t particular like going to Walmart but for her I ventured forth. While there, I found myself staring at the huge selection of gift cards. Why anyone would need that many different styles of gift cards for one store, I know not. Well I found three different gift cards I found just too adorable to pass by. They were shaped like Santa, a snow man, and a Christmas tree. After some time and asking some stranger’s opinions, it was voted on the snow man. One guy suggested I just take them all, but only put money on some but that seemed silly some how and I felt guilty just taking the little plastic card so I made sure to put $5.00 on it. My sister received more. You can up vote if you like (do it!) http://redditgifts.com/gallery/gift/thank-you-zombie-toast/
Next is my Minecraft project, which was the cause of three different paper cuts.
- I made the creeper out of fun foam and glued an led tea light in its head with the switch cut out to turn it on and off.
- The pick axe and sword are made from carefully cut fun foam and gluing the pieces to a thick black foam base. I did this for both front and back so it would look completed.
- Then I killed my printer’s ink supply and printed 8.5 x 11 inch sheets of cobblestone to line the box.
- I am sure there is a template to make the cobblestone box pattern, I just used the first cobblestone image I found that was large enough to print a full 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper and made a box template with the measurements I needed.
- I measured the box to find out how big I had to make the blocks for them to fit inside nicely, printed all 48 box templates that I made, cut all them out, and glued each block.
- I was going to make more cobblestone blocks for the creeper, but I was tired and figured the creeper would just explode those blocks anyway. I was also going to print and glue the cobblestone to the base board of the sword but my printer took all it could. so I just cut two holes and grabbed a black twisty tie to secure the sword.
- I finished the whole project around 12 am, so the lighting is crappy. Sleepy Angie using her camera on her phone is a bad photographer. The redditor I had did a much better job photographing than me. Please also up vote. Did I mention the paper cuts? http://redditgifts.com/gallery/gift/humble-thq-bundle-8/